20 December 2005
Being called jie-jie
Kembang post ahead. Be warned!!! *kihkihkih*

I briefly mentioned about the department dinner in the earlier post and that I won one of the lucky draw. One thing I left out was -

Before the dinner starts, we mingled at different tables. There were some who brought their child along. Then I spotted one colleague who brought her baby daugther (who happens to be about 2 months younger than my girl). Naturally I went to her table to have a chit-chat. As we were chatting, this manager who sat next to her interupted me.

"Hey, she's calling you jie-jie!" *gesturing at his daughter sitting by his side*

"Opps sorry I didn't hear. Guai!!" *acknowledged the girl, and of course grinning from ear-to-ear*
"How old is your daugther?" I asked the manager.
"5 years old."
"Hmm... same age as my son!"
"Hor, then cannot call you jie-jie already!" *turning to daughther* "Must call auntie!"
"Nevermind nevermind... call me jie-jie is good enough!"
"Hahahahaha!" Everyone laughs.
 
posted by domesticgoddess at 12/20/2005 04:05:00 pm | Permalink |


12 Comments: