08 November 2005
What I did during the holidays...
Before the holidays, I had listed the things I wanted to do here. Since I am too lazy to think of something to write, might as well share whether I stick to my plans or not.
1. brings son to his concert
It was on Deepavali day, very rush in the morning because my boy has to arrive at 9am even though the concert will only start at 10am. To make matters worse, he refused to let me put make-up on him!! And the teacher had stressed to me to have him heavily made-up. *roll eyes* Anyway, the concert was very lively; I especially like the Banana Boat Song dance, very well choreographed. My boy's dance was the last dance, a chinese dance with the girls waving satin ribbons and boys do some kung-fu like dance... some of the boys can even do somersalts!! Can you believe it? They are only five-year-olds! FIL, Papa and my 2 brothers came. My girl became quite restless after a while and wanted to walk around the hall without anyone holding her hand.
2. do my hair -- hahah, the vain me kicks in again!
Went to have my hair permed in one of the hair salon in Gurney Plaza on last Monday. The result was OK la... just found it very expensive for an ordinary perm loh. And hor... my hair wasn't styled to what I had expected; the hair dresser claimed that very curly style will me make look too mature for my young face wor... a bit dissapointed in that sense. Sorry Lrong, no photos because I have a no-show-my-face policy heheh...
3. go try Korean restaurant in Gurney Plaza
Had lunch there (Seoul Garden) on Wednesday. Didn't realise the place was having such brisk business! We arrived there at around 1pm, and there were 4 groups ahead of us in waiting list! We were asked to leave our cell phone number and name behind so that they can call us when there is a table available for us. So we walked around the plaza for approximately 20 minutes and then head back to the restaurant to see if it's our turn. I didn't like the way/raised-tone the waitress responded to our queries... as if we do not understand they will call us when table is available. Hey I happened to be starving already and there were not many things I wanted to see since I just shopped there on Monday; so thought want to try my luck and come down to ask how many more was ahead of us! That waitress certainly didn't impress me! Back to the food, I'd say nothing spectacular, just buffet-style BBQ & steamboat... even though they have lots of prawns and meats. They must have put lots of MSG because we felt thirsty even in the evening! I'd say this would be my first and last time here... because it's not cheap after all, came up to about RM28.25 per person!
Coincidentally, there's also a Korean restaurant by the same name, situated in Sunrise Tower (not far from Gurney Plaza). I don't know if they are from the same management; this popular Korean restaurant was here since 80s or 90s (or even earlier?) and serve A-la-carte menu. The food here tastes better and more authentic, can be quite pricey, but is definitely much more worth it than the one in Gurney Plaza basement. Who says Korean food is not good?
6. bring kids to youth park for cycling
Went to Youth Park twice. 1st time we brought the bicycle and tricycle there but upon seeing the playground both want to play instead of cycle. Anyway, we let them cycle for a few rounds before letting my boy play on the slides etc... end up we have to keep an eye on the bicycles and tricycles. *roll eyes* 2nd time around, we only brougnt the tricycle for Jean. Ian was happy playing on the slides and seesaws for so long so he didn't fuss when we told him it's time to leave.
7. bake cheesecake
Yummy yummy... details in the previous post.
9. shopping -- find something that suits the theme of the upcoming annual dinner if possible
I shopped on Monday after my hairdo. Bought 2 blouses from PA, a pair of heels from Vincci, a chiffon-silk dress from Phenomenal for myself, and a long-sleeve shirt from PA for hubby. Have to mention that the chiffon-silk dress was such good deal, only RM50 (originally RM200+)!!! Last piece too! Can you believe my luck? But I really took the risk la, because it's a no-try item due to reduced price. But now I have to seriously look for a one-piece lacey-satin lingerie the goes with this dress as the silk was really really thin!! Sort of can see through like that.
On Wednesday, before I fetch Ian from school, I went to this boutique next to Shell station along Jln. Masjid Negeri and another next to Caltex station. Bought a flowery (a-la-Hawaii) halter neck dress for RM29 from the former store, just nice for the theme of the annual dinner. Also got myself a white blouse with green embroidery for RM19.90 from the latter!
Didn't manage to take photos at the marina and bring kids to swim because it was raining on and off the past week. And hoh, obviously I didn't have time to update my blog since no update until yesterday heheh :P
 
posted by domesticgoddess at 11/08/2005 05:00:00 pm | Permalink |


12 Comments: