17 October 2005
What actually happened...
Last Friday I received an IM from a counterpart (from other site but on business trip to Penang). I don’t know him personally. Just so happened he was presenting his paper last Wednesday, in a meeting to us review board members. It went something like this.

Counterpart : hi
DG : yes?
Counterpart : you are the one with the glasses right? In the meeting on Wednesday
DG : yes...
Counterpart : oh nothing. tis kinda awkward, was just taken aback by your looks...
DG : meaning?
*#$%&^# WTF??!! Am I so hideous How could people be offended by my appearance?*
DG : don't really get what you mean ... why are you taken aback by err... my looks?
Counterpart : your pretty...
*Stunned. OMG! Did I hear wrong?!! Truly feel flattered. But then, die! How should I respond? It’s been quite long I don’t get that already. –blush– tried to brush it off.*
DG : hahaha don't kid me!!!
Counterpart : huh? hus kidding?
*aiyak! Backfired tim!!! I switched subject quickly.*
DG : how long will u be here for the transfer?
Counterpart : 3 months
Counterpart : been here for almost 2 months
*I kept quiet and didn’t continue the chat.*
Counterpart : i wasnt kidding...
*sei lar… he brought it up again. How? So, politely I accepted the compliment.*
DG : hahaha... then i'll take that as a compliment
Counterpart : i dont know wat to say...
Counterpart : but when i saw you, wasnt really able to concentrate on my paper
*Die! Die! I hope it’s not what I’m thinking… What can I say except…*
DG : –blush– i am sorry

I wasn’t about to tell I’m married because I thought people could just be being friendly. Well, overly friendly in this case la. Moreover since there are no other advances, who am I to assume every person who says I’m pretty would make a move on me right? (:P online I may be vain but in person I am not so especially in front of strangers) I don’t want to embarrass myself for too being perasaan 自以为是… and also I don’t want to make it too awkward for others to descend from the stage 让人下不了台. So I thought just leave it at that, it will be forgotten. My, was I wrong!.

Yesterday morning, I received IM from him again but I kept my responses very short.

Counterpart : DG...
DG : anything?
Counterpart : has is always have to be about work? workaholic? you're not in the middle of something are you? just a few mins of your time...
DG : ok
Counterpart : you've worked with –site– folks right? how do you find –country– guys and gals?
DG : err... that's a tough question
DG : actually no difference with counterparts from other sites
Counterpart : oh
Counterpart : so wat do you do to get your mind off work? any particular hobby? interest?
DG : no time for hobby
Counterpart : really? you're that busy eh?
Counterpart : even on weekends?
*Grinning. Hah! Great opportunity!*
DG : caring for my kids
Counterpart : oh, you're married
Counterpart : yikes
DG: -smiley- with two children
Counterpart : your husband is so lucky... having a pretty and a hardworking wife
Counterpart : 2 kids eh? doesnt show
DG : hahah... I'm good at hiding the fabs
Counterpart : you know what, i was about to ask you out for coffee or something... now i know better - DG is happily married
Counterpart : ey, thanks for the time. seeya around
DG : nice meeting you anyway

Phew! -_-""
p/s: hahah... this may appear to be another vain post after the avatar but it's just pure coincidence that it happened after I posted the avatar post. I swear!
 
posted by domesticgoddess at 10/17/2005 10:07:00 pm | Permalink |


22 Comments:


  • At Tue Oct 18, 10:16:00 am GMT+8, Blogger Mumsgather

    LOL. He was definitely making a move, no doubt about that! Hahaha. He's prolly thinking "The good ones are married!" or worse... he may be married too! kekekekeke. Nowadays with IM, its definitely easier to pick up girls isn't it?

     
  • At Tue Oct 18, 10:22:00 am GMT+8, Blogger Egghead

    oooooo... what a sucking line to pick up girls :P
    must be the avatar that fooled him!!

    well... there are people are there looking... just be careful of temptations... anyway... this should be a kembang post for you lah :)

    p/s: I'm pretty sure you are pretty :P

     
  • At Tue Oct 18, 10:43:00 am GMT+8, Blogger Sue

    wah, very good boost for the ego hor, specially after being m,arried with 2 kids summore :) but of course at that moment, maybe a bit awkward la...

     
  • At Tue Oct 18, 12:23:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger LHS

    After reading your post, i'm sure that you're very pretty and have a good body shape since you are able to hide your fabs even more you're a mother of 2!

    The guy very aggressive huh??

     
  • At Tue Oct 18, 02:05:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow..!! that shows that you are very pretty still.. and attractive lah..DG..!!
    Mr DG better get his act together.. hahahah!!!

     
  • At Tue Oct 18, 02:22:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger King's wife

    you must feel very flattered..great boost to ego ya?
    enjoy it while it lasts...

     
  • At Tue Oct 18, 07:01:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Willwolf

    Wah so pretty still ah? Don wait. Let me capture your pretty face with my new toy. LOL

     
  • At Tue Oct 18, 08:06:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger shoppingmum

    DG, you're pretty, and doesn't look like mother of 2. Isn't it nice to hear those compliments again? I only hear from boys below 6 years old, Haha!

     
  • At Tue Oct 18, 09:16:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger 5xmom.com

    Wah...your hubby got read your blog ah? Pengsan lor if he reads. Hahaha.

     
  • At Tue Oct 18, 11:13:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    aiyooo.. beh tahan..

    i think the counterpart like "si lai" types kua...

    :D

    but duwan to burst ur bubble.. i'm curious about sumthing.. what does the counterpart look like? old uncle type? horny weird jap type? chinese suapakau type? :P

     
  • At Wed Oct 19, 12:09:00 am GMT+8, Blogger shiaulin

    walau beh-tahan reading this *LOL*
    and i do believes u must be really pretty and looks young too.

     
  • At Wed Oct 19, 10:39:00 am GMT+8, Blogger domesticgoddess

    mumsgather, yeah the good ones are married LOL!

    egghead, agree that the pickup line sucks! I kembang until cannot fit into the red dress already LOL!

    sue, really felt awkward loh...

    huisia, I'm such a narcissit and vainpot, always blow own trumpet one... your assumption about my appearance may not be entirely correct! hahah!

    mamabok, heheh... I'll tell Mr DG to do so...

    king's wife, a little flattered la... but I don't want this kind of attention in the office.

    willwolf, not as pretty as your laubehhuit models LOL!

    shoppingmum, it's nice to hear the compliments if from good looking hunks! LOL! Don't crown a tall hat on me la! You are anytime prettier than me! Everyone, shoppingmum is a real beauty!

    Lilian, he's not into blogs... but read also nevermind... I gwai-gwai one... *pose angelic loook* LOL!

    , no bubble liao... young cikus la... honestly I'd feel more flattered if the compliment comes from someone like David Wu :P

    shiaulin, don't mind me, 我自赞自喜罢了, 嘻嘻!

     
  • At Wed Oct 19, 01:48:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger jazzmint

    hi domestic goddess..hahaha...so he was really interested in u :)

     
  • At Wed Oct 19, 02:41:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger mom2ashley

    wow wow wow...must be such a compliment for a mother of 2 huh? abit akward when caught in that situation huh? what a laugh.... ;)

     
  • At Wed Oct 19, 04:42:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    ai yoh... so daring... tsk tsk tsk.. but prove you got 吸引力 lor, hahaha...

     
  • At Wed Oct 19, 05:09:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger domesticgoddess

    jazzmint, I'd rather I don't get this kind of attention in the office!

    dinah, Have a good laugh! ;) that's the purpose I write this post!

    maria, 嘿!每个有自信的女人都有吸引力的啦... 如果是好像费翔这样的酷男跟我讲的话我会更高兴 :P

     
  • At Wed Oct 19, 08:08:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Greenapple

    hey, perhaps you shall share with your fellow readers your secret to remain so pretty and attractive ... I'll wanna know ...
    =)

     
  • At Thu Oct 20, 10:20:00 am GMT+8, Blogger Ghostbird

    Wah..... that guy fall in love with you at first sight. Your hubby better jaga jaga sikit :)

     
  • At Thu Oct 20, 03:16:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Unknown

    aiyoo yoo
    beware of buaya darat leh...

     
  • At Thu Oct 20, 05:30:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger domesticgoddess

    greenapple, actually hoh, to tell you the truth... I am a very lazy person... the basic 3-step also don't follow everyday! sigh! *embarrassed*

    sexymama, luckily he's gonna go back in 3 weeks time... hope I don't bump into him unecessarily!

    leecs, hahah... must go and ask our buaya69 how best to fend off his own kind!

     
  • At Fri Oct 21, 04:55:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger ZMM

    Wow..
    See, doesn't mean you are married with 2 kids mean you don't attract any men!
    For the married men out there, Take note!

     
  • At Tue Oct 25, 05:48:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    You must tell your DH liao, see he dare to comment you like how he did in your avatar post... LOL!