14 October 2005
On Avatar
Since starting this blog, I've been searching high and low to find a suitable avatar. At first, thought of using simple, nice shot of sandwich or salad but then I ditched the idea because this is not a food blog. Then not so long ago Mumsgather introduced Otaku Avatar; I checked out the site and played with it but still not statisfied with the result. I left it at there then.

This morning as I was having my regular daily snacks (points at side bar), came across a jpeg I thought is suitable perfect as avatar. If you visit that site sure know from where la... After politely getting permission from the
source, I proceeded to ask hubby what he thought about that jpeg. Below is the email exchange.

DG : What do you think of the .jpg? Do you think it has any resemblance to me?
Hubby : Isn't this photo "Something about Mary?" ... Resemble you? You must be kidding me ...
DG : Not from "Something about Mary". Just so happens the pose is similar only la! I mean, I have the same speghetti-strap red dress and I used to spot that hair style mah... I'm talking about styles... not actual resemblance la :P Got or not?
Hubby : :P Can you resemble like that still? Or, maybe need to take you for a course at Wei Wei ... first.
DG : wei! whadayya mean? I can still fit in that dress la! :PbPbPbPb Tell la, got or not? I'm thinking of using that as my avatar...
Hubby : you need to cut off some fab from behind ... :D
(-_-)"

I do have that red strappy dress, from knickerbox. A gift from hubby, then bf. (Wonder why, the knickerbox closed shop already). Now, I just need to revert back to that hair style, ask him to get me a pair of red espardrilles and slip into that dress... and prove him WRONG! Grrrr...
 
posted by domesticgoddess at 10/14/2005 04:15:00 pm | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At Fri Oct 14, 04:47:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Egghead

    ROTFL!!!
    ROTFL!!!
    ROTFL!!!
    exactly like what I said and predicted!!!
    I think your hubby and I going to click well!!

     
  • At Fri Oct 14, 06:14:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger LHS

    OK..OK..i will treat this avatar as your exact look.

    Ya, proof to your hubby, you're still managed to wear the red strappy dress!!

    huisia
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/leehuisia/

     
  • At Fri Oct 14, 11:15:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow..! DG,
    Your hubby very brave..! my hubby say that..! he prolly won't live to see tomorrow..!! hahahhaa!!

     
  • At Sat Oct 15, 01:18:00 am GMT+8, Blogger 1+2mom

    LOL! I sure give him a big slap if he say that to me..wahaha. GO! GO! GO! Proof to him you still can wear it.

     
  • At Sat Oct 15, 02:25:00 am GMT+8, Blogger 5xmom.com

    If me, I sure sit until he turns blue. LOL.

     
  • At Sat Oct 15, 03:49:00 am GMT+8, Blogger Jason Lioh

    Haha. If cannot fit, don't force yourself lah. Nanti the dress spoil and the mirror pecah.

     
  • At Sat Oct 15, 03:49:00 am GMT+8, Blogger Jason Lioh

    Haha. If cannot fit, don't force yourself lah. Nanti the dress spoil and the mirror pecah.

     
  • At Sat Oct 15, 08:40:00 am GMT+8, Blogger Mumsgather

    kekeke. he is a very brave man indeed. lol.

     
  • At Sat Oct 15, 09:43:00 am GMT+8, Blogger SooHK

    Yeah I think it looks like something about mary..

     
  • At Sat Oct 15, 09:48:00 am GMT+8, Blogger sqkiki

    wow...manyak sexy hor like tat....now wonder hubby trying not let u use this pic lah...hehe..He being so stingy to hide his wife ler...

     
  • At Sat Oct 15, 03:22:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Willwolf

    Just wear it and show to him you still got the POWER!!! Hahaha

     
  • At Sun Oct 16, 02:14:00 am GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    can can can, I meet you before what, I can prove you still can post like this LOL... serious.

     
  • At Mon Oct 17, 10:33:00 am GMT+8, Blogger shiaulin

    why maria ask u go prove it then she added this "LOL" at the end of her sentences?

    wah another sexy mama out there???

     
  • At Mon Oct 17, 01:00:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger domesticgoddess

    egghead, laugh so long 笑脱你大牙才知!:P

    huisia, he knows I can still wear, just wanna tease me only.

    big bok, mumsgather, I suppose he is, anyway I wasn't offended cause the fact his belly is bigger than mine hahah!

    1+2mom, 5xmom, hahah lucky he didn't say it in front of me or else sure kena pinch!

    jason, the dress won't be damaged but mirror sure pecah, cause 靓爆镜咧吗... :PbPbP

    soohk, yeah the pose is... but mouth not as big as Cameron Diaz's

    msau, don't think he wants to hide me ler cause he complains I seldom wear pretty pretty like last time anymore.

    willwolf, yeap will do that one of these days... too bad can't pose for you :P btw u really take some good portraits

    maria, hahah... tell that to egghead cause he doesn't believe me...

    shiaulin, LOL! that... you have to ask maria!

     
  • At Tue Oct 25, 05:36:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    :) Yes, just do it. Let us know the outcome. :)