14 November 2005
New Spectacles
My frameless spectacles was broken by my girl last month. She likes to grab it when I carry her; of course not everytime. There are times I manage to hold on to my specs and a game of tug-of-war ensued! LOL! Or I will lower her and sway my head back as far as I could to avoid her hands reaching my specs. Normally I can tell when she's going to grab my specs; she'll sort of look into your eyes and focus on the spectacles, then without warning her hand comes quickly to snatch the specs off my face.

She didn't throw the specs last time, however not on that day last month. She was very quick and when I wanted to snatch the specs back, she decided to throw it on the floor. Usually the specs would break so easily because the lense is plastic. However due to it being frameless and has screws on the sides, it's more fragile. So one side of the lense broke. Luckily I had managed to find my previos pair to use in the meantime 顶住档!

Of course I could've just ordered the lense and have it fixed over the existing frame, but I thought I might as well get a new pair with frame again (more lasting if my girl decided to grab and throw again *roll eyes*). Here's my new pair of specs.

Nice or not?

After a year plus of wearing the frameless specs, this new pair feels very heavy on my nose bridge! My youngest brother said this specs makes me look like Lizzie Mcguire's mom! *rolls eyes* Also have a colleague who said this specs makes me look very OL wor... *shrugs* Don't know whether that's good or bad!?!

 
posted by domesticgoddess at 11/14/2005 04:15:00 pm | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At Mon Nov 14, 05:12:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Egghead

    yeap... my son will grab my specs whenever his hands are closed to my head... I think he will definitely succeed one day... and break it!!

     
  • At Mon Nov 14, 06:25:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger King's wife

    eh, looks like mine wor.

    i think lizzie mcguire's mum looks nice in hers.

    btw, wat's OL?

     
  • At Mon Nov 14, 10:24:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger mom2ashley

    yepp..love the specs - I have one similar to it as well!

    looks like i may have a tug-a-war with ashley once she gets older and take a liking to de-specing me.

     
  • At Mon Nov 14, 11:50:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger shiaulin

    只要人美,戴什么都美啦!哈哈哈...

     
  • At Tue Nov 15, 12:37:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    Nice.. i like it..!

     
  • At Tue Nov 15, 09:53:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Sue

    specs look nice :) but won't you mothers be better off with contacts? the babies can't take it off ma...

     
  • At Wed Nov 16, 11:57:00 am GMT+8, Blogger Buaya69

    mine bend liao. plastic frame and lens too. oi, i thot frameless make us look older? muahahahar!

     
  • At Wed Nov 16, 03:19:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Annie

    the spec looked nice wat...!

    My girl has broken at least 3 pairs of my specs in 2 years!
    (sometimes lense, sometimes frames...)

    But now, she can help me to fetch my spec when i need them.

     
  • At Wed Nov 16, 03:29:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    hahaha...we have the same faith, few months ago my spec also kena grab by the girls and spoilt liao, now blue and squarish wan.

     
  • At Wed Nov 16, 03:50:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger domesticgoddess

    egghead, hahah... then you better change to contact lense liao!

    king's wife, OL = Office Lady

    mom2ashley, heeheehee... looks like this frame type is in trend wor...

    shiaulin, 哈!美是你讲的吓... 我没说喔... ;)

    mama bok, thanks.

    sue, i used to wear contacts... but now with 2 kids lazy mah...

    buaya69, frameless makes me look gwai-gwai... now this one looks more trendy mah... and OL look too LOL!

    annie, broke already baru got reasons to make new pair mah heheheh...

    maria, eh your previous pair also blue and squarish right? or when i met you that time already new pair?

     
  • At Tue Nov 22, 09:50:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    yeah these glasses are trendy now. i'm goin to change my black framed ones into somethin err.. more sophisticated? heh.