20 December 2005
Just for the sake of updating...
It's been quite a while since my last post. I'd like to apologize to those who visited but left with disappointment due to no new post (chewah perasan!!! as if I have a following...). Anyway, here I am attempting to write something, even though my mind is blank!! Hey at least I try okay...

For a start, may be I'll just blab about what's keeping me busy for the last two weeks. First, there's the annual department dinner at Park Royal Hotel in Batu Feringghi. I car-pooled with other colleagues since hubby is taking the car. We arrived late due to traffic jams, and seats with the usual gang were already taken. Fortunately we were able to get our seats at last! I'd jokingly told my colleague after we settled down at our table before the dinner starts, that it's going to be a lucky night for me because my draw number was 198 and we happened to sit at table 18! And true to my prediction, I was a lucky gal for I won one of the lucky draw (nothing grand la... just a hamper)! Teeheehee... :)

Last week I had the opportunity to attend a 3-day training of '7 Habits of Highly Effective People'. It's a very good workshop; I'd say it's thought provoking as we were constantly asked to do reflections, think about our life mission(s), our priorities, building the emotional bank account etc. I don't expect to become more effective overnight just by attending this training. At least now I'm aware of what I can do to become a more effective person, and will strive to practice the Habits consciously. Truth be told, practicing the Habits is not as easy as it sounds. Even the certified facilitators don't claim to be an expert, but constantly learning to improve and practice in everyday life.
Now at the end of 2005, it's the dreaded time of writing self-accomplishments again! Haih... everybody hates it but still gotta do it. Going to have to crack my brain again! :(
 
posted by domesticgoddess at 12/20/2005 11:06:00 am | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At Tue Dec 20, 11:35:00 am GMT+8, Blogger Egghead

    few of my company staff went for the 7 habit thingy also... came back and got much lazier and highly inefficient :P

     
  • At Tue Dec 20, 01:34:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger shiaulin

    egghead's colleagues came back and created that 7 thingy tag mah, so mar lazier loh! LOL

    sounds good wor, at least motivated liao loh :)

     
  • At Tue Dec 20, 11:18:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    it is good sometime go for some workshop or motivation talk, tea cup always fill with own tea not good mah, need to pour our some and fill in other's tea hehehe...