13 July 2006
Short Get-away in Genting
We went on a short vacation in Genting last weekend. But alas, when the kids were on the indoor carousal, I whipped out my digital camera ready to snap away only to realized I had forgotten to insert the memory card!! Boohoohoo! *bummer* So no choice have to make do with handphone camera. *sigh*

The children enjoyed most of the rides (i.e. carousal, Rio-float, Ferris wheel, reindeer cruiser, Venice Gondola, Ride de Paris, tea cup, antique car etc. just to name a few). My girl is the more adventurous type and wants to try everything, while boy needs some coaxing/bribing before he agrees to go on the ride to realize the thrill of it later.

At the outdoor theme park, I asked the kids whether they were up to trying the junior space shot since it’s having a short queue only; to my surprise both were game enough to try. At the beginning they seemed to enjoy when it was moving up, however both were visibly shaken by the drastic drop. I asked to operator to stop the ride to bring them out as girl was already crying. It was quite amusing to see their facial expression changed suddenly. *chuckles* Ok, ok, my bad to laugh at them! :P

My boy was disappointed he didn’t get to ride on the Flying Dragon since it was not operating on the day we used the theme park day-pass. Another disappointment was due to the skyway (cable car similar to the Langkawi trip) closure for maintenance; the children were looking forward to cable car ride before the trip. Haih… bummer again!

Other than rides, we got tickets to the Mysteria show. It is inclusive in the room package we booked online. I have to say the show was very entertaining, because the children were able to sit through the whole show without any fuss. :) The illusionist (from Las Vegas) is really good, the illusions fit into the storyline with well-choreographed dance and nice costumes; there are crossbow acts and Chinese arobatics too!

The only thing that marred the vacation was inconsiderate smokers. There was a man puffing away at the junior bumper car station while waiting for his kid’s ride. Can you believe that? There were so many children there!! During our meal in the restaurant, there was a woman at the next table smoking in front of her kids. *shake head* I mean, they can smoke all they want, it’s none of my business; but at least be considerate enough to NOT smoke in the presence OTHER PEOPLE’S CHILDREN!! We don’t want our lungs to be contaminated by second-hand smoke!

To inconsiderate smokers: Please, next time you take a puff, keep the smoke to yourself!
 
posted by domesticgoddess at 7/13/2006 02:33:00 pm | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At Thu Jul 13, 03:00:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Egghead

    yeah... smokers spoil all the fun!
    anyway... sounds like a good trip mah! :)

     
  • At Thu Jul 13, 11:11:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger shoppingmum

    Yes, I hate those people too, why can't they just smoke else where??? Besides being lung polluted, I hate the smokey smell on my hair and clothes, and what a bad influence on kids. My hubby smokes too, but only when out clubbing with friends without me!

     
  • At Thu Jul 13, 11:14:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger mom2ashley

    glad that your kids had a swell time. to bad about the inconsiderate smokers though..you should have told them off...

     
  • At Fri Jul 14, 11:02:00 am GMT+8, Blogger Jess

    wah, mei mei so brave hor, try all the rides!

    Yeah, my mood always spoil by those smoker too! *shake head*

     
  • At Fri Jul 14, 03:03:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger domestic rat

    Maybe Msia govt shld start adopting sg's policy of smoking spaces to safeguard the non-smokers.

     
  • At Sun Jul 16, 09:18:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    boy not scared to go on ferris wheel? and cable car?

    I'm surprised!

    ...and forgetting to bring the memory card is such a noob thing to do...

     
  • At Tue Jul 18, 05:22:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger domesticgoddess

    egghead, yeah! at least the kids enjoyed the rides.

    shoppingmum, I feel very strongly about people smoking in restaurants; if there is a non-smoking sign I never hesitate to get the captain/waiter to tell the person off! Heh!

    mom2ashley, I would have if there's a non-smoking sign... further more it was at the outdoor theme park and I didn't want to cause a scene... so *sigh*

    simple american, hey I like your idea except that finding a bucket would be a problem hahah!

    jesslyn, 哈哈!引用“初生之犊不怕虎”还蛮贴切吧!

    domestic rat, it's the mentality and poor enforcement...
    haih... really no eye see!

    orbeht, of course he is not scared because all of us go on the ride together :P ya lah ya lah you don't have to remind me of being a noob! *blek*