30 May 2006
Of Bento and Sukiyaki

Last weekend we went to our regular Japanese restaurant for lunch again. My boy always refer to this place as 'Sukiyaki' because most of the time we were there he will insist on ordering Sukiyaki set meal just because of an egg! *roll eyes*

On the left is the Sukiyaki set meal that comes with rice, chawanmushi, miso soup, pickles, egg, two slices of fruit, and a scoop of Haagen Dazs ice-cream that's served after the meal is finished. The set is priced at RM18++. Pretty reasonable huh? The portion will really stuff you to the brim, I assure you! This statement however does not apply to the mumbling guy though...LOL! :P

The last time Domestic Rat was there, she didn't get her ice-cream that should come with set lunch. Poor thing! So to avoid dissapointment, I asked if the ice-cream promotion is still valid after placing our orders. The waitress assured me yes. This time around it was nice of them to give us three different flavours (since we ordered three sets); we got rum & raisins, green tea and strawberry. Yummylicious! Look at how my girl dig in to her strawberry ice-cream!

This is the Makunouchi Bento I had; comes with rice, shashimi (salmon, tuna and squid), tempura (two prawns, aubergine, fish fillet, sweet potato and carrot), small piece of saba shioyaki, chawanmushi, miso soup, two slices of fruits. Priced at RM24++. Heheh, what's missing from the photo is one of the tempura prawn and the dashi sauce; my boy has sunked his teeth into the prawn before I could snap a photo using my handphone!
 
posted by domesticgoddess at 5/30/2006 05:38:00 pm | Permalink |


14 Comments: