08 May 2006
What's In My Name
A lot of bloggers have done this before some time last year or the year before last. I did too, but the draft remained in my now defunct secret blog because this site was non-existent then. I did a name analysis for myself at http://miva.zodiacal.com/acro.mv just for fun.

According to the website, recent studies by name societies disclosed that names influence character and do have a definite bearing upon one's life path. Letters carry their own energy patterns relating to personality traits and needs. Name analysis using letter qualities is called acrophonology. I used to wonder why certain people have a name that suit them so much, like they've sort of grown into that name. You find their personalities sort of reflected in their names. After discovering the above site, maybe this is the explanation; not only English names has a hidden meaning to one's personalities, my guess is Chinese names do too.
My first name means
I take pride in my physical appearance (told ya I'm a narcissist :P). I am a loyal friend (as long as the trust is not broken). I have tremendous need for self-identity (that explains why I prefer my own style, as long as I look good and feel comfortable. I don't like to follow something that's too popular. Hmmm... should I quit blogging? :P). I can easily detach from people and situations. I enjoy unconventional friends (not too sure about this though). My independence and freedom are important to me (err... isn't this true for almost everyone?). I can handle details well. I have a methodical mind. I can be quite inventive and quite curious (in other words, I ask A LOT of questions if you don't already know :P).

My last name means
Take advantage of all opportunities. I must develop my creativity and talents. I am determined to prove myself to others. I have a great deal of loyalty to those I love. I have much inner strength. I just learn to give 'wise' service and not be a matyr. I am a hard worker when I make up my mind to do a job.
(Heh, this must hold true for all in the same clan! Kihkihkih...)

Now you know a little more about the self-proclaimed domesticgoddess... ahaks!

 
posted by domesticgoddess at 5/08/2006 10:27:00 am | Permalink |


9 Comments: