25 October 2007
Meeting in Paris, anyone?
Last year, my co-worker was assigned a business trip to Paris, France for meeting with some chip designers. He was indeed very lucky… how often do you get an all expense paid for trip to France, the city of romance, even though it’s only a one week working trip!

With business trips, we can be assured that we’ll be staying in nice hotels as the company has a preferred list of Paris hotels to choose from.


After he came back from the trip, I asked if he went to the famous tourist attractions like the Eiffel tower, the Louvre, Rhone Alps etc. but he said the schedule was too packed he didn’t find the time to. Everyday the meeting ends just in time for dinner.

What a waste! If I had a chance to go at company expense, I’d probably extend the trip and spend at least two to three days there to tour these famous landmarks! After all the airfare is already paid for, just need to bear the food and lodging extension days only. With internet, it would be really easy to find an affordable France hotel.

One of the must-try activities in Paris would be to take a ride on one of the river cruises.
Next is definitely the Louvre Museum. Who would want to miss the opportunity to look at the real Mona Lisa painting?

Last but not least, a visit to the wineries will just round up the trip nicely. I heard the package also includes wine tasting J

Now if you’ll excuse me, I want to check with my boss to see if there is any meeting planned in Paris in the near future. :P
 
posted by domesticgoddess at 10/25/2007 05:55:00 pm | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At Wed Jan 16, 02:56:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger mama23beas

    But for my hubby's company, it is not allowed to extend the stay, it is fixed and the company booked the tickets on exact dates. Work means work only...poor guy, hehe

     
  • At Mon Aug 23, 07:43:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    I cannot thank Mr Pedro loan service enough and letting people know how grateful I am for all the assistance that you and your team staff have provided and I look forward to recommending friends and family should they need financial advice or assistance @ 2% Rate for Business Loan .Via Contact: pedroloanss@gmail.com .