09 August 2005
Spagetti Carbonara
Not many people here have heard about spaghetti carbonara; I asked some of my colleagues, they have never heard of it. I asked Jason, he too has never heard nor eaten it. I think most people here associate spaghetti with only tomato based sauces. In fact I was one of those people too until hubby introduced me to one of his favourite Italian food, pasta (any type you fancy; spaghetti, fetuccine, penne etc.) carbonara. Now it has become one of my favourite!

Last Friday, I craved for spaghetti carbonara so I looked for authentic recipe on the internet. After gone back home I remembered still have some bacons left in the fridge; a check in the kitchen confirmed I have most of the ingredients. Therefore I decided to cook it on Saturday.



My spaghetti carbonara :)

It is a simple dish but tasted wonderful. I was really very satisfied with the result even though I substituted pecorino cheese with cheddar. It's creamy but not overly so! I dare say it tasted better than served in some of the restaurants here :P Hahahah, praise my own cooking! *paiseh paiseh*

 
posted by domesticgoddess at 8/09/2005 09:40:00 am | Permalink |


13 Comments:


  • At Tue Aug 09, 12:24:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger mama23beas

    So, now where is the recipe? I love carbonara but never cook as hubby does not like anything too cheesey, except for when it is baked. And he claimed he likes Italian food *sigh*

     
  • At Tue Aug 09, 12:26:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger mama23beas

    Ops sori...didn't look at the link! I got it, thanks!

     
  • At Tue Aug 09, 02:43:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger shiaulin

    wow good ! another spaghetti lover !! :D
    me loves spaghetti too but i can cook spaghetti Bolognese only. hmm... ur carbonara looks delicious.. yum yum...

    *not only u 卖花赞花香 lar.. me always do that coz nobody praise us then we gotta praise ourself loh.. *sigh*

     
  • At Tue Aug 09, 03:35:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger Mumsgather

    Ooh... You're bad. I can't have anymore cream and cheese cos I've got to lose weight and you go and paste pics summore.

     
  • At Tue Aug 09, 03:38:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    Yums..! will try that recipe soon.. :)

     
  • At Wed Aug 10, 08:45:00 am GMT+8, Blogger thquah

    spaghetti the ladies in my house love it(especially my daughter),me don't fancy it.

     
  • At Wed Aug 10, 05:04:00 pm GMT+8, Blogger domesticgoddess

    chrissy, you come to penang then i cook for you :P

    mama22beas, hope you and your abang will like it!

    shiaulin, you are also a good cook i see ;)

    mumsgather, once in a while must indulge ourselves ;)

    big bok, after u try blog it hor!

    thquah, welcome! don't fancy nevermind, but cook for the ladies in your house and you'll be rewarded hahaha...

     
  • At Wed Aug 10, 05:33:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    wooooo...my fav.
    basically I love all pasta and mee, got load of way to cook.
    but wei, very big plate wor hahaha...

     
  • At Thu Aug 11, 08:12:00 am GMT+8, Blogger domesticgoddess

    twinsmom, that is for 2 adults and one child... ngam ngam hou only :P

     
  • At Fri Aug 12, 12:26:00 am GMT+8, Blogger 5xmom.com

    Wei, u go check out Kancil Killer's version. Damn shiok, man. That man can cook ler.

     
  • At Sat Aug 13, 06:12:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow, I don't like cabonara, but how you cook it har? I think DH would like it. :p
    I only like oglio olio, less jelak... :)

     
  • At Sun Aug 14, 12:36:00 am GMT+8, Blogger domesticgoddess

    5xmom, checked it out already, he sure can cook! and very nice photo too! His recipe uses cream, which a lot of restaurants here do too (to achieve the creamy taste & texture; some people find it jelak though); and the use of seafood (e.g. prawn, salmon etc) is the improvisation to the original recipe which uses bacon/pancetta.

    suzette, check out the recipe link ;)

     
  • At Thu Sept 01, 06:22:00 pm GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ehh! It looks so complicated (to me)... I guess I will eat at restaurants ler. :p