12 February 2007
About Buying Insurance
Since the day I started working, I had already made up my mind about buying insurance. I guess I just want to have peace of mind that in case anything bad happen (touch wood!), the insurance is there to pay up whatever is needed. Of course that is up to the amount insured.

Some of my colleagues didn’t buy their own medical insurance because they think that the company has already bought insurance for them, so there’s no need to buy extra. But what they fail to realize is that, the amount insured by the company is very small only. Furthermore, the insurance cease once one resigns from the company. Even if one works until retirement, there is still the question, what about after retirement? The savings won’t be enough, what with the rising inflation every year!

However I dislike the hassle of seeing different insurance agents just to find out about the insurance package and premiums for survey purpose. Not to mention sometimes the agents are kind of pushy and pesky. It’d be a good idea if we have something like
insuranceportalonline here so we can do the survey with on our own. It will make the whole process so much more pleasant because we can then select the packages on insuranceportalonline that we can afford and then make arrangement to see the agent(s).

I think another feature which is useful for web services such as insuranceportalonline
is to include brief description of what the insurance cover. This will make the comparison more comprehensive and easier for the user to identify the right insurance package to go for. Now how I wish there’s such services in this country…
 
posted by domesticgoddess at 2/12/2007 02:06:00 pm | Permalink |


0 Comments: